If you are a group of at least 4 participants you can request a workshop tailor-made to your interests, which means:
- Use of prequestionnaires (tailor-made workshop for every target group) - you choose the content and size
- Evaluation and feedback after every workshop
- My work is based on scientific evidence
Topics for a workshop might be:
The normal expat-experience and how to recover and adjust
- The culture-shock experience
- Dealing with the culture-shock experience
- Resilience - how to strenghten you and your family
Everyday life in Switzerland
- Challenging stereotypes that people may have about the Swiss
- Small talk - being polite but respecting privacy at the same time
- All about neighbours and neighbourliness
- What about that name game?
- Swiss friends
- Greeting people properly: Do you shake hands or kiss? Do you use first names or surnames?
- Leisure time - join the "Verein", go to a party, apéro, dinner - what are the rituals?
- Rules and social control
The world of work in Switzerland
- Business etiquette
- Small talk
- When to use "Du" or "Sie"
- Project team work
Help in your everyday life - on request
Either as an information session (at least 10 participants) - or an on-site consulting (at your company for individual requests - bookable with a minimum of at least 3 hours)
- The day-to-day rules and regulations of living in Switzerland
- Waste collection, living in an apartment (use of shared facilities e.g. laundry room)
- Understanding health insurance, locating doctors, dentists, hospitals, what to do in an emergency, insurance
- Hiring help (cleaning person, childcare: information and setting up daycare, babysitters, nannies/au pairs)
- Tips on getting around (public transport, driving, cycling)
- How to deal with unplanned events in Switzerland (e.g. going to the doctor, getting your car fixed, home repairs)
Tailor-made workshops, information sessions and on-site consultation are available for individuals and companies on request. For further information please contact me via email (email@example.com) or phone (+41 79 244 11 44).